The Advanced Technical Instructor Course is to provide Instructors an opportunity to enhance their understanding of how to apply the physical skills in more purposeful aggressive situations. It enables instructors to apply the concepts learned in the RCT level of training to more intense situations as well as learning more skills for redirecting, evading and escaping.Read more
The Advanced course is 4 days from 8am – 5 pm each day and instructors are required to complete the on-line exams for the RCT material. At the end of this 4 day course instructors are re-certified in the RCT as well as certified at the Advanced level.
Requirements & Costs
- Must have successfully completed RCT.
- Completed pre-workshop on-line learning.
- Be able to complete key physical skills (see video for minimum requirements).
- $2,435USD/$3,215CAD per person.
Who It’s For
Individuals who work with people whose aggression and violence are at a higher skill and threat level. Often times the aggression is intentional and not simply emotionally escalated.
- Team Approach with Aggression and Violence
- Advanced De-Escalation and Team Skills
- Advanced Stance, Balance, Mechanics, Movement, and Body Positioning: Standing, Moving In/Moving Away Skills, Choking Variations: You are Being Choked Standing or Seated, Away from a Surface,
- Weapons: Throwing/Jabbing/Swinging
- Floor Chokes And Against a Surface
- Floor Techniques
- Administration of IM Medication
- Lifting and Carrying
- Mechanical Restraints
All instructors in an advanced course must attend 4 days. The conceptual chapters are done after the face to face portion on-line.
The certification is every two years for instructors. Certification is every year at the student level.
All chapters that do not have any physical skills have a 1 instructor to 20 students ratio. Chapters with physical skills have a ratio of 1 instructor to 10 students.
No. Only organizations that deal with higher levels of aggression and violence should consider having advanced instructors. The Mandt System can assist in determining the level of training needed to best meet the organizations need.
No. The advanced course also covers the RCT recertification for instructors. Once an Instructor is on the advanced strand they only attend advanced events.